The correct answer is option D. none of the above.The solar light coming from the sun to the earth is reflected by our atmosphere. As the sunlight strikes the outer layer of the earth, 29% of the sunlight is reflected back.The remaining 71% of the light is allowed to enter in the earth's atmosphere. From the 71% of the light 23% of the sunlight is reflected back to sun by the atmospheric layers and clouds, and only 48% light is absorbed by earth's surface.
More than 90 percent of the solar energy that strikes the Earth is absorbed. This is the statement most concerning the balance between the solar energy absorbed and radiated by Earth.
Related Question in Biology
- Which of the following describes the properties that allow capillaries to exchange gas between blood cells and surrounding tissue? Capillaries have thin walls and narrow diameters so that blood cells come close to the thin walls, across which gases can diffuse to surrounding tissue. Capillaries are short vessels with thin walls that create strong pressures forcing gas-infused blood to diffuse to the surrounding tissue. Capillaries regulate the pressure of blood within them so that a steady stream of gas-infused blood cells passes into the surrounding tissue. Capillaries have valves along t